- The Healthy Communities Study is trying to find out how community programs and local policies help children be healthy.
- We were picked to represent our community!
- More information will be available via the Tuesday envelopes on August 19th.
Please go to the study website below to learn more about it. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/research/resources/obesity/population/hcs.htm
- We will send a Study Interest Form home with each child.
- Please check the “Yes” box, sign, and fill in the form if you think your family may want to be in the study.
- Please check the “No” box and sign the form if you and your family do NOT want to be in the study.
- Have your child return the signed form to their teacher – even if you checked the “No” box.
- If you have more than one child, please fill out one form for each child who brings one home.
- You can also call toll free 866-559-0928 to complete the form(s) by phone.
- When the study team gets our school’s Study Interest Forms, they will draw names of families to call – like a lottery.
- If they call you, they will tell you more about the study.
- If you have more than one child, they will work with you to pick one child to be in the study.
- Then you can decide if you want to be in the study.
- If you agree to be in the study, the study team will ask you and your child some questions.
- They will ask about the foods your child eats and the physical activities that your child does.
- They will measure you and your child’s height and weight.
- Your family will get gifts worth $30 to thank you for being in the study.
- Being in the study is easy and FREE!
Please fill out the Study Interest Form so you have a chance to be in the study! Contact Mrs. Bishop at 869-2012.Watch DOGS at Brooks We are so excited to have the Watch DOGS (Dads of Great Students) program here at Brooks. If you are interested in being a Watch DOG Dad, please contact Sherri Bishop. Here at Brooks, the Broncos are the BEST! Be Prepared Ensure Safety Show Respect Take Responsibility